We are pleased to announce that we have identified a director for Vacation Bible School 2015. Her name is Amy Jo Finnegan, and we are so excited to add her to our program! She will be working hard, starting right now, to organize a great Vacation Bible School for the summer of 2015.
- Once again, the success of VBS will be tied to the number of adults who are interested in volunteering for this program. SO we need your support.
- We will be sending out emails to former volunteers, to families who have participated in the past, and to potential new participants. Anyone who is interested in joining us will be able to submit the volunteer form very soon.
- Each volunteer will need to complete VIRTUS training (Protecting God's Children) and a background screening well in advance in order to meet the Diocesan requirements for volunteers and to ensure the safety of all of our participants. Volunteers who have completed the training in the past will not need to repeat the training again. New volunteers will be able to fulfill the VIRTUS training through an on-line course. We will help you through the process!
- We ask that volunteers commit to all 5 days of VBS. We ask for this commitment because we take the safety of our children very seriously! By asking for a consistent group of adult volunteers, we are able to provide a more stable and secure experience for our children.
- Student volunteers are welcome and encouraged to participate. Student volunteers must be going into 9th grade or older to volunteer. Student Volunteers who are 18 or older will need to complete VIRTUS training.
- Students will be added to the VBS list as we identify ADULT volunteers. Each volunteer's own children will be added automatically (but not nieces, nephews, neighbors, or friends) Grandchildren are the exception!. Additional students will be added on a first-come basis to meet our student/teacher ratio of 10/1. Particpants will be added when we receive Adult volunteers.
We are looking forward including VBS once again! If you have additional questions or wish to volunteer, please email us at email@example.com